Thursday, December 13, 2007

Start of Something??

Alright, after much deliberation as to whether or not I can handle the responsibility of posting regularly on this site, or posting anything worthwhile for readers, or actually having readers....I am going to give it a go.
My purpose here is to give my own opinions of Fantasy and Sci-Fi literature, with occassional reviews or opinions outside the genre as well. I will post later today or tomorrow with my first real "post" on the blog.....and if anyone reads it, I'm sure they will have opinions about it. I will be posting a list of my favorite series, individual books, characters, stand-alone novels and some other interesting categories. I think anyone who reads this post will disagree with some, if not all, of what I have to say - and that's exactly how I want it. While I look forward to posting book reviews and opinions on new releases, etc.; what I am really hoping to create is a "guide" of some sort to the fantasy and sci-fi fields. No, it won't be an all-encompassing guide, nor will it represent any authority or facts...just my opinions about myriad subjects. Hopefully readers (again, if there are any) will be able to use this simply as a resource when they look for their next book purchase or seek a way to sort through their substantial "to be read" piles taking up space on their bookshelves or floors.
When I first started reading fantasy, I was fortunate enough to find the Terry Brooks forum (www.terrybrooks.net) where numerous forum members were kind enough to share their thoughts and opinions on authors and series that were available - and I used this resource every week for four years now. What I hope to provide is a "one stop shop" service similar to this resource for anyone else. I look forward to receiving input, opinions, arguments, and suggestions from anyone out there, and hope to serve fellow genre afficianados through this blog.
I'll be back soon.

1 comment:

Aidan Moher said...

Hey!

Just wanted to drop by and wish you luck. I'm sure you'll love this blogging thing!

I've gone ahead and added you to my own blogroll, so hopefully some of my traffic starts trickling over here!

~Aidan
A Dribble of Ink